Microsoft Office Web Apps is a web based version of none other than Microsoft Office productivity suite. It has the following web based versions in the form of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point along with Microsoft OneNote. Thanks to the web applications which give users the luxury of accessing documents directly. They do not have to be in a specific location and therefore they can easily and conveniently access their files from anywhere with a web browser. They can collaborate with other users and equally share files too. The web browsers which support Web Apps are Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome along with Safari.
- Microsoft Office Web Apps have various advantages as now users can now use the free online version of Office 2010.
- Thanks to the creation of the free version of Office, Microsoft Office Web Apps is able to directly compete with GoogleDocs which is equally a free and popular cloud based office suite.
- Sophisticated templates along with chart tools, clip art are displayed on the lines of the Office 2010 software.
- It has integrated with current Office 2010 software. In this way, documents can easily be created on the desktop and subsequently uploaded to Web Apps.
- Documents can be easily shared and if needed they can be edited simultaneously too.
- Power Point slide shows along with Excel tables and charts can be placed in websites and blogs as well.
- If you want to share the document with people forgetting their valuable feedback, you just need to simply put the link in the Word Web App viewer, with whatever you have written in the word. The best thing is that it does not matter whether the other person has word installed. They can easily view the documents as they are using commonly used web browsers.
- Another equally great thing is that even when the person is using the viewer, there is no risk that he/she unknowingly opens it and prevents you from editing it.
- You can save a lot of your precious time since you can edit OneNote documents and Excel in the possible minimum time. You can view the files from a mobile device and ensure that your colleagues can see them in the same format as well.
- However, with so many pros, it would not be just to skip its cons which are as follows:-
- The tools which are offered are only of a limited version in the actual software program.
- Various features along with commands are indeed not available or missing in the Microsoft Office Web Apps.
- With so few cons, you can equally have the luxury of accomplishing a lot if you do not have the fancy getting too complicated with the documents. Therefore, it is not wrong to say that Microsoft Office Web Applications offers the luxury of taking your office wherever you go. Great, right?
You can get started with Microsoft Office Web Apps immediately since it is very easy. You just have to sign up for a free Windows Live account as the office documents are going to be stored in Windows Live Sky Drive. Hence, any time when you are required to upload, access or create your documents, you just need to sign into to your Windows Live account. Now, thanks to the advancement of technology, your work is going to become simplified and easy. So what are you waiting for?